I was tired of not being able to use Charlize's name. I love her nickname (Boo) but I LOVE her name. Strong, feminie, unique - that's why we gave it to her. I like to use it.
I also worked hard to not put any identifying information up on where we lived, last names, where we worked... (I know its up there in the phonebook & we both have public jobs) but I just don't like the worry. However, with my photos it was obvious where we lived and I have a classroom blog too, and I just didn't like it all out there.
I know it has its drawbacks to have friends rondomly find us (like I've found some of you) but, that's why the demo is there - to leave a chance to see.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
School starts a week from tomorrow and a week from today is the open house which means all the students and parents will be coming by to meet the teachers. Guess what??? My room is a pile of stuff everywhere and half of it is covered with Musical instruments I can't touch. Can we say - "I think I'm loosing it!!!" I have to take deep breaths and try to not care because I can't control it.ARGH!! you may have to check back in a bit to see if I'm still around - or rather don't plan on me updating for a while because I'll be at my classroom 24/6 (yep six days left).


6 comments:
Yep, I'm copying you and going private! We live in a scary world.
I've never regretted going private. I feel safer that way! Good luck with school! I know you are going to be crazy busy, but I hope you end up enjoying your new grade and classes. I know you are going to be amazing because I've seen you in action! ;-)
So, is this the same blog url?
I think it is a great idea. I have been thinking about it, and I think it is time. You have some great reasons, and it has got me convinced..Now I have to sit down and figure out how to do it ;s. Good luck with school,you can do it!
Those are the reasons we are private too. You never know, like you said, what crazy people are out there...especially when you have your kids on there.
(a month later! oops, sorry i forgot to check in!)
Going private is a personal thing. If it works for you, GREAT. I just offered ways to avoid it/work with it since there are a few private ones I would like to see that I have NO way of contacting my friend to get on.
Maybe they like it that way...!
Post a Comment