The first 2 days of Kindergarten that is. And they don't really count because there were parents all around and half-hour time slots to come to the classroom. It felt totally disjointed for me. I know the thought behind it was to get the kids comforitable with the classroom before school started, but isn't that was the open house was for??
Speaking of the open house, I had one very curt woman ask me how long I'd been teaching and that she didn't want me as the teacher, she wanted Mrs. B-----. (in front of other parents and students that is) and I simply said that Mrs. B---- was right here, since her daughter's in our class and that I was looking forward to have P---- in our classroom. Wow! She really was trying to put me through the ringer and I think I won her over by the end of the treasure hunt the following day :)
Did anyone else's Kindergarteners have a "treasure hunt" day to come check out the classroom and do some simple assessments? Just wondering. DOn't think I'll do it next year, but not sure.
(that is.... if I'm teaching Kindergarten next year).
So, check back after next week and we'll see how I'm REALLY doing. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
There will always be a parent that is hard to please. Good luck, I know you'll be amazing! Don't let anyone get to you. It sounds like you didn't.
Yay you made it!!! I'm way not ready for next week :). What is your photo blog site? I can't find it.
Never mind... I found it!
I am sure it is pretty stressful to get back into the groove of things (Im dreading it, and Im just a student). You'll do great! I bet it will be a fun adventure to teach those cute little kids. The parents for sure are the hard ones to handle :S.
yikes!
way to go, you'll do great
Post a Comment