A few months ago, Nate and I found a pair of Ruby slippers (glitter and all) and I was excited to try to make her dress to be Dorothy. Unfortunately when I tried them on her at the beginning of October, she did not fit them anymore. Thankfully we found some satin substitutes at Wally-World and off I was to make the dress. Yes, I know for those of you that sew it is a simple structure, but I had never attempted gathering or a zipper before. I even ended up putting some darts in the back to help pull the top a little tighter. She was so cute (if I do say so myself!) and I'm so glad it was warm!I took her to my school for the morning parade (left the camera at school for those pics), and then we went to see grandparents Friday and Saturday.
I really wanted to get some pictures of her in her costume, and thought it would be fun to have it be on an old farm to look like Dorothy's. I had fun editing them (more on my photo blog!).


4 comments:
that is SERIOUSLY TO DIE FOR CUTE! good job sewing such a darling dress, and I love the pics too!
So CUTE! I love how you took the pictures at a farm too! I am far too intimidated to attempt to sew and I really admire people that can. Way to go for tackling her dress! Are those 25 Main cupcakes for her birthday or just look alikes? Yummmm...
You and your many talents...way to go girl!! Love ya and your cute fam. :)
Love the pics!! What a cutie and fun idea too!
Post a Comment