1.24.2009

Ear Piercing

I had my ears pierced when I was two weeks old and always wanted it for my little girl. Well the time has come and we have a little girl of our own and were looking forward to getting it done. Well, until I heard her scream for her two month shots and then I wasn't so sure. We were going to get it done before we left for Tucson, but I TOTALLY chickened out. My sister Eleanore was making fun of me for being so wimpy about it, but urgh I just wasnt ready.
Today was the day though and Nate wouldn't let me back out. We went to the mall and picked out the studs - we could have gone for the CZ's (because you know I like sparkle) but I just felt like it made her too old so we went for the white gold studs.
Charlize was such a trooper and was all for hanging out in the store with all the stuff to look at. Daddy held her so she felt secure. Bummer it was one ear at a time, but she didn't scream like she did with her shots and she only cried for a little while after.

4 comments:

kwBALE family said...

ohh :( how sad juanita! but really.. she is such a cute little girl

The Bowler's said...

I used to work at Claire's and would pierce baby's ears, and people would look at me like I was being so mean. ha ha, but I think it is better when they're younger because they won't remember the pain. :) And she does look so cute!! I would do the same, I think.

Heath Family said...

So freakin' cute!!! Miss you guys. Hope all is well.

joni said...

Nate's been bugging me for forever to get Kennedi's done too, but I'm way too wimpy! It's funny you posted this because we were all just talking about ear piercing last night at the Canova house. I'm sure they look so cute! As for Kennedi, I've always said she can have them when she can ask for them. But I might get up the courage for her second birthday? ha ha We'll see. I'm glad to hear that she didn't cry for very long!