4.11.2009

Elle & Austin

If you've known me for years, you probably remember me carrying my disposable camera everywhere so I could capture our random moments. Well, as the years plug along my cameras have changed, but not my desire to keep those memories frozen in time.

That handy little stimulus check last year Nate and I split and I saved mine for a long time trying to find a good deal on a nice camera. I finally did last December and have had fun learning and playing with it.

I got the opportunity to take my little sis & fiance's engagement pics. It was a lot of fun. Here's some of my favorites. . .




This last one got quite the negative reviews. What do you think?

I know its not the traditional shot. Yes, technically I did cut their heads off, but that's how I took the picture - you're supposed to see past the photo and into their expression. My second graders and I love the activity we call "keep the picture going". I'll talk about it in another post, but you can imagine what the activity is about, right? Again, see past what is presented. (I think that its more of the older generations {yes, I know I'll be there before I know it} that are used to the posed studio Olan Mills portraits. Don't get me wrong, I love posed portraits but I also love the ones that feel impromptu.

10 comments:

Cari said...

I love them!! Good job! And I think that's a wonderful activity :)

Long Family said...

I love them!! I need a new camera so bad!! Hopefully one day soon! I'm excited to see you! I hope we can meet up!

Ashley H said...

They look so good Juanita. You look like such a professional!

Maegan said...

I can't believe she is getting married!! I love them all too, and yes I like the last one, your sister looks like a cute fit beauty!

Meghan said...

I think that they turned out amazing!! I want you to do mine!! WOW!! You definately have talent!!

Cheryl said...

I love them. Nice job!

Kira said...

those are seriously amazing! i like the last one, it's different and that why i like it. what program to you use for editing? they look amazing.

kwBALE family said...

these look good!!

joni said...

I think they look great!! They're a cute couple. :) My favorite is #5. The lighting is really pretty and soft. And I really like the last one! I like to try different things out too, it makes it fun!

Brinlee and Kyle Morris said...

Gorgeous pictures!! I cannot believe Elle is old enough to get married. Crazy! She's beautiful! Love it!