7.27.2009

Wyoming

I just love Wyoming! Nate used to tease me alot about my silly obsession, but the more we go, the more he likes it. I just love seeing all those wide open spaces and massive amounts of sky. My soul takes a deep breath when we go. I know there are places like that other than Wyoming, but it will always have a special place in my heart.
Unfortunalty, its been every other year due to different trips, getting married and being pregnant (the 13 hours would not have been good for the hurt tailbone) so, from here on we hope its a yearly trip :)


We made it a two day venture on the way up. We were going to haul a horse trailer for a friend up to Greybull and I was excited because I'd never driven that way before. We ended up not taking the trailer, but went that way anyhow. Except for the construction it was a nice drive. Not one we'd do again as it added an hour or two to the trip, but pretty.

We stopped in Thermopolis for a bite to eat and let the little one move around.

Just before Burgess Junction we saw this herd of sheep just grazing along the road and I wasn't quick enough to get a picture of a mama and baby moose that were not too far off.

Coming down the mountain - this is all we could see. They are taking out the s-curves most of the way down, but we couldn't see the massive amounts of clearing - just lots of fog.

We stopped by Sheridan College to see what was the same and what had changed.


We got to visit with Dan and Agnes. Agnes drove (drives) bus for the college and she is always a good time to be around. She had knee surgery again in June, but she's doing well with Physical Therapy and Boo had fun watching their dogs run around. :) Dan didn't want his picture taken, but I got in a portrait or two.
We ate lunch at the Pony Bar & Grill, and it was so nice out on the patio. Yes Nate's in a long sleeve shirt and it was nice enough for him to wear it.

And his happy grin - Fried Pickles.

I know you're thinking gross, but they are delicious! He thought I was crazy when I'd talk about them, till he had them on our last trip and he couldn't wait to get some more.

We went to the rodeo Thursday and Friday nights with my good friend Gwen. O, it was so nice to get to see her! They have te championship Indian Races and a pretty entertaining clown that didn't do the same thing each night.
The parade is quite the event. This year's theme was "You Can Bet On It" and it was almost 2 hours long. Boo had so much fun watching everything!! That's my host family from when I played volleyball in Sheridan, and we've kept in touch through the years. It is always so much fun to get to visit with them and watch their kiddos grow. My old boss, Roger, plays in the Drum & Bugle Corp (spelling) and our other friends the Englerts drove pulled the trailer representing the college.
ss, blue skies and mountains. The funny thing is, I didn't take oodles of pictures - I was too busy soaking it all in. Can only see so much through the camera and I needed to see as much as I could. :)
The last day, we got to see my friend Texie and her little kiddos - three of whom I'd never met. The boys were so cute with the girls. Cute Teka is about 3 months older - yea I have a chunky little girl! :) We love every single roll!
Last, we headed out to Wyarno to eat lunch with Roger and the Englerts. It is so nice to get to catch up and visit. Katie and Cody used to hang out with us on the farm - and now they're teenagers! Geez how time flies! Hopefully one of these times, we'll catch them when they're in our neck of the woods.

On the way home, I had fun taking pictures of Boo as she showed off her new trick of the week (second 'cause Rick and Nan got her full on crawling!) but that cute little pointer-finger is out and she likes to touch with just it. :)


Sadly, we left the nice 80-90degree weather and came back to find it 90 degrees at 3:00am when we pulled in. Urgh, but hey after a few days adjusting we're back into the swing of staying indoors alot - in the air conditioning.

To those friends we missed - hope to catch you on the next trip!

No comments: