7.15.2010

Wisconsin Trip!

We got to the Las Vegas Airport nice an early at 5. Only to find an extremely long line at our airline counter. Turns out the flights were being rescheduled - and our jump&skip to Wisconsin now included a stop in Nashville, TN. Charlize was such a trooper waiting in line and being so patient.

We flew to Denver, then to Nashville, Milwaukee and then Green Bay. She would fall asleep or try to durring the flights (here she's snuggling with Grandpa) and we'd all take turns walking her up the stairs, esclator or just around.

Unfortunately I didn't realize my camera battery was dying and I packed the charger in my suitcase I checked in. By the time we made it to Green Bay, WI it was midnight and only 1 suitcase out of 7 made it to us. Not the end of the world, so we went to Wal*mart to buy some necessities to make it till the morning. We went to Wisconsin to go to a family reunion (Nate's Mom's side of the family) celebrating Dale&Joann's 50th wedding anniversary. Since my camera died, I wasn't able to take any pictures. Charlize trooped around the party and Nate and Craig went to meet the taxi with the luggage (see, I knew it wouldn't take too long!) it was a little humid, but I was in love with all the green - everywhere!! They lived close to a lake and we literally walked down the road to and were able to play off the beach. It would have been nice to jump in, but we just let the munchkin wade, till we got back to the house.
Back at the houseCharlize was in heaven playing out in the water, it was so fun to be right on the lake! I got to meet Nate's Uncle Larry, Aunt Karen and their girls.


We went to get dinner at Milty Wilty's drive in. There was a ton of playground equiptment off to the side and a few of the kids had fun playing on them. (Bottom right picture if of Devan going through the mini slide on that toy - so fnny!)
Then, back home and back to the beach. Nate had thrown Diana in earlier so he was due to get dunked by Devan, thankfully he didn't while I was in that canoe with him. The paddle boats were fun too!

- - - - - - -
Wisconsin Dells has a bunch of theme parks and rides, but we were going to be more tourist-y and stuck to the (gasp - adult stuff) but after Nate ate a 3lb burrito, I don't think he'd want to do many rides.
We went on a 'Duck' ride. These vehicles were huge and built for WW2. They easily went from land to water and down windy trails throughout the Dells.
We hit the main street to look through the shops (found a candy store) and headed home to roast marshellows on the campfire.
- -- - - - - - - - - -

We went back to Dale&Joann's to visit. Charlize realized how fun the swings were and loved them! I made her a clover chain while I was sitting there with her. :)

Back at the house to play on the beach. She'd much rather sit in the sand than go out in the water. She's not all the way comforitable with being in the water yet. Even on the paddle boat she'd fuss (I think her indepence was coming out even more because she just wanted to do her thing!)
- - - - - - - - -
Going Home
Charlize playing with the stroller at the restraunt and waiting with her hands in her pockets as we unloaded the plane.
We were able to have an easy flight plan home: Green Bay, Milwalkee, Vegas. I was soooo tired, I think I started to catch up on my sleep like Boo did. We did get warm cookies on our flight to Vegas and really - she did great with all the travelling.
It was a fun trip!!

No comments: