I tag Meghan, April and Ashley
20 years ago... I was five and we were living in Hemet, CA. Our house was cool, out in the country (I remember horses, large pastures and watching a brand new colt be born - hum maybe this was the start of my country loving) and it had shag green carpet. We used to pretend the carpet was a swamp and you had to be careful where you walked.
10 years ago... I was fifteen, basketball was my passion and I entered a beauty pageant to show that beauty queens didn’t have to be wimpy, prissy girls. I was tall, thin and gangly – hadn’t quite grown into myself yet. I had braces and loved them for the simple fact that it hid my awkward front tooth and I’d have pretty teeth when it was done.
5 years ago... I was twenty, had graduated with my Associates degree from Sheridan College and was headed to CO to play volleyball. I had just finished an awesome summer of working on the UW farm and had so much fun with my friend Sara. I was scared to start all over in a new place and hoped for the best.
3 years ago... I had moved back to St. George to finish school and my younger sister got married in June. I was in no-way ready to get married and was sick of comments being made that I should be on that next step of my life. I was fully determined to return to Wyoming to do my student teaching and to live.
In the past year... We got a dog, Daizy, and bought a house last May. I graduated from college and taught my first year of school (2nd grade). I learned a lot with my students and not to toot my own horn, but saw what I needed to do and jumped right in to do it. I learned how to quilt and love it! Nate and I celebrated another year of marriage and made a lot of memories together. We are expanding our family and excited for what is to come.
Yesterday... Was our first contract day back to school and I was in my classroom from 7:30 am to 9:30 working on getting stuff ready. That doesn’t count the many hours all summer but its finally time to get my classroom there. Nate made dinner (meatloaf – yum) and my friend Meghan came over to eat dinner with us.
Today... I am at the school working hard (except for a break to blog) and thought I’d share a picture of my classroom in the process. Don’t worry I’ll post the end result to show my hard work.


No comments:
Post a Comment