10.09.2008

Progress

Last week I had my first "check" with the DR. and the results were: 1cm dialated and 50% effaced (thinned out). I think that Chalize is a stubborn little girl who won't appear before her due date since everyone is waiting around to see her. However, yesterday I had another appointment and I'm 2 cm dialated and 60 - 70% effaced. He jokingly said, "Looks like you'll be cancelling next week's appointment." My response was, " why?".

I know its progress and I've been going a hundred miles-an-hour so if I keep it up she could be coming sooner rather than later. But am I ready? Me, the organized one, doesn't have a bag packed to take to the hospital. I washed some clothes for Chalize but don't have anything packed. I still have three weeks, so I'm ok. right?! Am I ready to push out a cute little watermelon?

Well, I'm hoping she doesn't come before next Wednesday. See, maternity leave is a funny thing and even on weeks where school is only in session for three days, it counts for a full week. If I have her when I'm due it'll be the middle of December when I'd return to work (with Winter Break just around the corner).

I suppose time will tell. In the meantime, I'll get my bags packed.

No comments: