3.22.2009

Camping

Last weekend we were debating to call up our friends and head out to the sand dunes, but turned out they were going in a few weeks (so we'll join them then) but this weekend they were headed up to Enterprise Reservoir to camp and ride four wheelers. So up we went - and we had a lot of fun! We met up with Kaleb&Roxane, Ryan&Kasey, and Ryan's grandparents.
We got there a little later than the others - they'd already been out on a ride.
Here's the girls.

Here's the master chief, making dinner. Dutch oven potatoes and hamburgers. Yum!
For dessert he made us all dutch oven Peach Cobbler! Double yum!

Don't worry Boo, you'll get to eat some of Dad's food soon.
Come on smile for the camera . . .


I still can't get a smile out of you?

O, isn't he amazing? I know I already said how amazing he is, so lets say . . .
incredible! He takes us camping and cooks too.

After dinner, out to the campfire we went. C thought that it was intriguing and wouldn't take her eyes off of it. You know how tantalizing those colors are. I'd move away every so often so she wouldn't burn her retinas. *I know you probably can't burn your retina's with a campfire, but you gotta wonder she was glued to it!


For the first time sleeping in the trailer, the little one did pretty well. She woke up whimpering a couple of times and as I checked on her I was hoping "please go back to sleep, please go back to sleep I don't want to crawl down that little ladder to go get you a bottle". Of course I would have if she needed it, but the little trooper went back to sleep. Unfortunately she was awake before the sun came up and we were really tired then. We put her her in bed with us and luckily she feel back a sleep for an hour.


I know this is kind of an odd picture, but I was pretty excited. Boo had bedhead. In order to have bedhead one must have hair that can be messed up. Sweet! Its growing!

Funny how things like bedhead and fat rolls are so cute on babies, but as we grow up they are no longer cute. We should change our thinking and learn to appreciate those simple things again. ;P just a thought.

After breakfast we headed out for a ride. Pretty cool, Ryan's grandparents came along with us, even though it wasn't the smoothest ride ever. Boo didn't notice any of the action because she slept while I held her- snug little bug.

After lunch we headed out for another ride. As you can tell from the change in the sky color, it was colder - but still fun. We wanted to finish the trail that we had worked on in the morning (making a big loop back to camp) but the higher we got the deeper the snow drifts got and after a while we headed back the way we came. One of these day's we'll finish the trail.

It was a fun little camping trip. We look forward to going again soon!


3 comments:

Josie said...

How fun! We call our son Boo, also.

kwBALE family said...

Looks like it was fun, Kasey and Ryan invited us to go, but we already had plans! I didn't know that you guys hung out with them. We will all have to go out sometime!

kwBALE family said...

oh, and i was going to tell you, when we went out this weekend, ryan was dying for some of nates cobbler! :)