7.31.2009

Farmington

For the Pioneer Day weekend we headed to Farmington for a roping. Boo and I were excited (we always love watching dad) because there was another family going with us and they were gonna camp there with us too. More kids around for her to watch and someone for me to visit with.

Well, we got off about an hour later than planned (I still have not gotten used to getting 2 of us packed and be on time), picked up Kason's horse, said HI to the family and off we were. We got to the fairgrounds and I immediatly spotted a beautiful place to go take pictures (hopeing that they're kids would let me).

We got camp set up and went to eat dinner at Taco Time (Thank goodness for air conditioning, huh Kristi?! ) We were all expecting it to be cooler than home, but it wasn't. The trailers took a while to cool off, and once the sun went down it was much better. I set Boo down in the trailer on a little step for the slide out and off she went- straight on her cheek. Bummer - first shiner and it was my fault. :( Good thing Dad was riding so that made her happy again.
We trotted down to my new location and got some beautiful pics as the sun was going down. O how I love the setting sun and the beautiful lighting it puts on everything! I'll post more on my photo blog...
The next day, we went to the mall and shopped for most of the morning (the guys we're roping till 5 so we had most of the day). We went to WallyWorld and got a playpen for Boo to sleep in and I spotted a Hobby Lobby - wish we had one here at home! Nate had dinner planned for us all. He started it, then went off to rope - so I had to finish it and I didn't ruin it. Yea for me! Boo had fun crawling around in their trailer and watching the kids run around.

The guys got into the #11 roping (both header and heeler numbers have to equal 11 or less). They were doing good all night and tuned out Nate and his partner were high call back for the short go (they had the lowest time for the previous 2 steers caught and had time taken off for being such a low numbered team). He was cautious about getting out so he didn't break the barrier, they both caught and they won it!



It paid out belt buckles and $1500.00! Yea for Nate!
The following day's roping didn't prove to be as successful, but fun nonetheless.
In the morning Boo and I went to visit our friends the Canova's and I had hoped to get to see more of the family with their kiddos. I was so happy when Susan said that she'd called Lindsay and McKenna so we could get to visit! I was so excited to see them and their cute little famlies. Sorry we missed you Joni and Nate. Of course I was too busy visiting and forgot to take pictures with the kiddos, so after it all I got one with their dog Miley. The guys had another roping that evening that didn't prove to be as successful as the night before, but still fun. We left town and headed to Goshen to stay at a friend of their's place to rope the next day. It was cooler than Farmington and I was so excited! I could tell it was out in the country and when Boo woke up at 6, I had no trouble taking her out for a walk so I could take pictures. It was beautiful! I wished I could have gotten behind the cows (I just love backlighting) so maybe next time, but for now it was lovely landscapes to look at.



We went back to the trailer and actually got an hour nap in while we waited for everyone else to get out and about. Nate took Boo for a ride before they started roping. O how that girl loves to ride! The ladies all sat in the shade while the guys roped - amazing how much cooler it was in the shade. Boo enjoyed a short nap in the playpen and being able to move around in there. Later on, after a late lunch we were hanging out (being amazed at Kristi's wasp catch/kill techniques) and she actually crashed again.

The nap didn't last long. We got the big carseat and brought it on this trip thinking she would like to sit up higher. Unfortunately she never got comforitable in it and cried ALL THE TIME. So we flipped it around, forward facing. I know, I know- she's not a year yet. She is however definitly over 20 lbs, but We couldn't take another 3 hours of her fussing. New lessons learned: DOn't try a new carseat on a long trip. We are however making a little progress in the "hold-your-own-bottle" category.

Thanks G family for such a fun trip and to the Young's for letting us hang out at your place!

7 comments:

shaunelle said...

Way to go Nate on winning. YOur pictures are amazing. It looks like boo had a blast.

Cheryl said...

Poor baby! Mine still hates her car seat 3 days after getting back from our vacay to snowbird.

PS: there are no posts to leave a comment on your non-private blog. Just FYI.

Maegan said...

Thank you for the invite! She is getting so big and cute! Is Ash watching her again this year? My boys love seeing her when she has her. Love the pics.

Tebbs Family said...

What a fun weekend! Thank you for the invite, I really appreciate it. Tell Nate congrats on the win! That is awesome! It is always fun win they win :)

Unknown said...

Yay Nate!! Congrats.

Cari said...

Farmington New Mexico?? That's were my family lives! My Uncle ropes as well, thought I'd ask if you remember a Hamblin?

Cari said...

PS Congrats on the win! That's so fun!!